Sunday, January 23, 2011

A name and a blessing





Cora's blessing day was on December 12th, 2010 and it was so special! Spencer was accompanied by his dad Jeff, oldest brother Ryon, our friend Kevin, and the 2nd counselor in our bishopric Brother Hoffeins.

It is such a wonderful blessing to have the gospel and priesthood in our lives and our home.

We decided not to take Cora to church right away because of the germs so we had her blessing and a nice dinner at Ryon and Annie's house. Our guests included:

Grandma and grandpa Jensen

Ryon, Annie, Tanner, and Cedar

John, Angie, and Sawyer

Grandpa Kevin and grandma Julie

Titi Sammy

Kimmie and Kevin

Kaylene

And

Brother Hoffeins

For dinner we had salad, potato corn chowder, white chicken chili, and homemade rolls. Dessert included cookies, mango bars, and cranberry scones.

A note about her dress- I wanted her dress to be something special made with love by her mommy. Something that she would cherish and hold on to. I was given this beautiful ivory colored antique fabric from a friend working at an estate sale. I then found a simple dress pattern at Joanns for 1.00. Kaylene was so sweet and helped me sew it (I'm not a seamstress by any means so I needed quite a bit of guidance). We finished it in about a day and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

I love the ivory color, the antique look and the sweet scalloped edge. Their were two different headbands that I made. The first one ending up not being worn because I needed to make it a little bigger and then I ended up liking the second one so much more.



TiTi Sammy









Grandma and grandpa Jensen live in KS so it was a special treat to have them here with us for Cora's blessing. Here they are with all their Oregon grandbabies. L to R: grandpa with Sawyer, Tanner, grandma with Cora and Cedar.


It was a special day with people who are very special to us!


Sara

No comments: