Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oh the JOYS of my life!

There aren't too many things in my life that I get overly excited about. I mean really excited. There are a few however. Really good deals are one of them and anything that can make me a better homemaker and wife is another.

For Christmas we purchased a new KitchenAid 5qt Stand Mixer in a lovely Cobalt Blue. In the wee hours of the morning while I was bravely battling the crowds at Kohl's and Fred Meyer my sweet husband woke from a deep sleep to stand in line at Bi-Mart. He arrived at about 4am because we thought with the AWESOME deal we were getting everyone would be there in hopes of purchasing one of these beauties. We were wrong, not a single person besides my sweet husband was after one.

We had a KitchenAid Mixer before this. My dad used to drive truck for St. Vincent de Paul and would pick up things to deliver to the store. One day he came across a 4.5qt mixer and swept it up. Spencer and I were still using this mixer, it was probably at least 15 years old and had one speed, TEN! It was quite the mess while making bread (which we always do because we don't buy it from the store) and pastries, and really anything that involved flour.

I love our new mixer with all ten speeds! It is lovely and makes my duties as a homemaker (duties that I love very very much) SO MUCH EASIER!



We have two cats in our home, we love them but do not love the hair that comes with them. We keep our home as clean as possible so we vacuum A LOT! Our vacuum is quite lack luster these days and I was expressing this concern to my dad on the phone just after I had vacuumed and just prior to a visit they were making that evening. He exclaimed that they just bought a new vacuum and that it was great. They have 4 cats so if it was great for them I could only dream of what it would do for us. They brought the vacuum with them to dinner and I got to give it a whirl throught the house. It was AMAZING, my carpets looked like they were brand new and it had picked up things that our vacuum never could. I was overjoyed and expressed it very much to everyone around!

Tonight as I walked in my front door there was a big box sitting just inside. I was elated. Giggling like a little girl in a candy store. It was a brand new vacuum, the exact one my dad had brought a couple nights prior. Where'd it come from? My dad and Julie bought it for me as an early 22nd birthday present.







Another thing to make me a better homemaker and make my tasks easier! Did I mention that I can vacuum all 1200 sq ft from one outlet! Lovely! Thank You Pa and Julie!

1 comment:

The Gomezion's said...

Congrats on the new toys! Is it wrong that I'm a bit jealous...in a good way. New vacuums, mixers, mops those are the best things in life! :D