Saturday, September 13, 2008

I Love to see the Temple!

I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God, A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young; This is my sacred duty.
I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth: A fam’ly is forever.

Spencer and I have not been through the temple yet but have found that we LOVE going and walking around. We LOVE chatting by the reflection pool and taking in the beauty.

Growing up I can remember several late nights coming home from my Aunts house with my Dad and Sister and seeing the Temple as we drove up I-5.

I was not a member at the time but I can so vividly remember what it looked like and I always wondered what it was. I have noticed that this happens often in my life. (I see something earlier in my life that sticks out and it becomes a very big part of my life later on.)

Spencer and I decided that we will take Trisa's advice and go as much as possible even before we have our recommends.

Since moving closer to the Temple it has always boggled my mind that such a beautiful and Holy place is in the middle of such a unclean city. To have something that grand so close to us is such a blessing!

We are so excited to go through the Temple and enjoy its beauty even more!

No comments: