Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Funny Story...


Spencer and I went on Monday night to return our uhaul that we had just rented for the day. I drove in my car behind him to the uhaul drop-off.
I got there a minute or two after him because we went different ways. (I guess I wasn't really follwing then huh?)
Anyway, just before I got there he had dropped his key in the slot and came back over to get his jacket and helmet from the truck (we were going to pick up his bike from there). When I arrived he was freaking because he locked the door on the truck (he swears he specifically remembers leaving it unlocked) and couldn't get his key back. He tried and tried the doors and yep they sure were locked. So then I tried while he went to reach his arm in the slot to see if he could reach his key. We are probably pretty lucky no one saw us, might have been a bad situation.
He almost got the key but couldn't quite reach. Last resort is to call the u-haul help line. I went over to another truck (that was parked right next to the one with the locked doors), looked in the window, saw the gear, opened the UNLOCKED door and said "Spencer you were trying to open the door on the wrong truck!"
The whole time he was trying to open the door on a truck that had been dropped off earlier and was parked next to him.
We had a good laugh as the operater on the help line answered and Spencer didn't know what to say because he felt like a dork!
On our way back Spencer says to me without me even saying anything about doing so "You can't blog about this."
My response "I can't? I was going to and title it Spencer's dumb moment of the year."
Laughing Spencer "Okay, yeah you have to."
Hope you got a little laugh.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Yes, it gave me quite a chuckle! Oh, Spencer. Too bad I can't make fun too much because it sounds just like something I would do! And the pictures to the apartment look great. I'm excited for you to get your sectional in.

PerryParty3 said...

classic! That totally would have been me. I've tried getting into other people's mini vans that are parked right next to me at the store. I'l get really confused, because I'll push the unlock button on the keychain, and I can hear it unlocking (behind me) and can't figure out why nothing is happening. Until I look in and see the seats are leather, not cloth, like mine.

My favorite part of that post is Spencer telling you not to blog about it. I wonder how many blogging women have heard the same phrase come out of their husband's mouths. He' nice enough to give his consent in the end. :)